PT C/1: Data Sharing - Global Initiatives
11:00 - 12:30
Data Sharing - Global Initiatives.
The aim of this session is to present the major global initiatives for the development and alignment of global Open Science infrastructures supporting data sharing. These include Global Open Science Cloud (GOSC), Global Open Research Commons (GORC) and Open Science Commons Executives' Roundtable (OSCER). In particular, the aim is to identify differences and commonalities between these initiatives and how they (plan to) collaborate with and influence the regional and national initiatives.
- Simon Hodson, Executive Director, CODATA, The Committee on Data of the International Science Council, France
- Karen Payne (tbc), WDS Associate Director for International Technology, Inaugural Director of the ITO, Canada
- More Speakers TBA
Parallel Theme C: Research Infrastructures and Sharing Scientific Data Globally
This Parallel Theme looks at RIs and sharing scientific data from a local to a global perspective. Instead of analysing what kind of data are managed by the research infrastructures, we will look at the developments taking place to share and reuse these data. In three sub-sessions we will look at: 1) What is happening at a global scale to bring initiatives from different regions in the world together. What are their interactions? 2) What is being done in the different regions of the world, that is relevant for data sharing, preserving, storing etc. to come to a “Web of FAIR data”? 3) Examples of these developments taking place in the different countries.
- PT C/1: Data sharing – Global Initiatives
- PT C/2: Data sharing – Regional Initiatives
- PT C/3: Data sharing – National Initiatives